US-based tech company Nonda boldly claims that their ZUS car charger is the best USB car charger for the money, and they might be right.
We had the opportunity to compare the ZUS to a ReTrak Premier Micro 5 car charger — a good representation of an average car charger — for over month, and it easily came out on top.
For starters, the classy, German-engineered ZUS is built like a tank and feels like it could last an eternity. That’s because it’s constructed from the highest grade German Bayer material and is the only USB car charger to meet the US military’s MIL-STD-810G high temperature standard. All its metal parts are coated in titanium.
ZUS is said to emit 35 percent less heat and can last 2 times longer than normal USB car chargers.
Unlike the ReTrak, it comes with two USB ports rather than just one, allowing you to charge multiple electronics at the same time, even when your car is turned off. With a max 4.8A output, it also charges notably faster and is capable of fully charging 2 iPads in around 3.75 hours.
The ZUS car charger is the very definition of quality, but it gets even better. In addition to its solid construction and nearly unmatched charging capabilities, it comes with an automatic car locator that is accessed via your smartphone. All you have to do is install the free ZUS App, connect, and you’re good to go!
ZUS automatically remembers where you parked your car after turning the engine off, letting you track it with a compass-like display (pictured above). The system is not always 100% accurate at finding your car, but it works well enough to be of use.
If there is one thing holding ZUS back from completely taking over the global USB car charger market, it is its relatively premium price (costs up to $50 in the U.S.). But, hey, you get what you pay for, right?
It’s hard, if not downright impossible, to find a USB car charger as durable, powerful, versatile and feature-rich as ZUS, and I can attest that it’s worth every penny and possibly even more.
Visit the for more details, and let us know if you have any questions about my experience with it in the comment section below.
Top 5 Tips For Buying The Perfect Car Cover
Your car protects you from the environment and other hazards; how about you return the favor?
So you own a pretty car and want it to look its best everyday and every hour. If the risk of environmental damage keeps you awake night, it’s time you became familiar with the world of car covers.
Car covers aren’t exactly the most glamorous car-related topic to discuss, but if you want to save thousands of dollars in damages caused by harsh weather, people, or pets, a car cover is a definite must-have.
Buying a car cover is fairly straightforward. You go to a vendor, select a cover best suited for your car, and you’re done… unless you own a luxury car. Things get a bit more complicated when dealing with luxury cars.
Covers come in all shapes and sizes and are made with different materials to provide different levels of protection. When you are the proud owner of an expensive car, having the right cover helps ensure the car stays in perfect shape for years to come. Hare a few important things to keep in mind when buying car covers.
- Never buy cheap — you’ll get what you pay for. If you have an expensive car, get a costly car cover that provides the right protection.
- Always purchase from a reputable car covers dealer. Make sure they are willing to help you if something goes wrong.
- Ask plenty of questions from the vendor such as what will happen if you run into a problem. Will they help you out? How long have they been selling car covers? Where do they buy their car covers from? These questions will help you understand who you’re dealing with.
In addition to those pointers, make sure to consider the following five tips.
1. Understanding Your Needs
Now that you know how important it is to buy from a reputable car cover dealer, it is now time to understand what your real needs are. Will you be protecting your car for the long term? Is the cover just to protect from winter or summer, or both? What kind of vehicle do you have?
Car covers come in different shape and sizes and they are to provide different protection levels. Ideally, you should know the difference between generic fit, tailored fit, and custom fit car covers. Let’s have a detailed look at these.
2. Custom Fit Car Covers
When buying a car cover for a luxury vehicle, such as a Mustang, you’ll need to focus all your attention on getting a custom fit car cover. Many vendors have ready to be bought and used, but it isn’t always the case for many other cars.
With custom fit car covers, the car cover vendor will use advanced technology to get the measurements of your ride and make a perfectly accurate cover for your car. You can even pick the type of material you want the cover to be made off.
3. Car Covers For Large Vehicles
Not everyone owns a sedan, and an increasing number of us love large vehicles like SUVs and pickup trucks. Many vendors have that fit most big vehicles, but if you have a custom truck or SUV, you may want to look into custom fit covers.
Once again, with custom fit covers, a car cover manufacturer or dealer will take measurements of your car and let you pick the material to make the cover from. Make sure to pick the material that best protects your car in your given region.
4. Heavy Duty Car Covers
Developed primarily for environments that experience intense sun or snow throughout the year, heavy duty car covers are ideal for protecting your car from UV rays and heavy snow fall. These covers are made with special outdoor car cover material and offer the best protection money can buy.
5. Sun Covers For Cars
As the name suggests, these premium car covers are designed to protect your car from harsh sun rays no matter how hot the day gets. If you live in a region with very hot weather, you may consider buying a . They are made with special outdoor car cover material and usually come with a minimum of 5-6 years of warranty.
Car covers are crucial in keeping your car safe from environmental damages. Whether your car is parked in a garage, or out in the sun, with a cover over it, you will minimize any potential damages are minimized, saving you thousands of dollars in the process. Never overlook the importance of a car cover.
Have any questions or additional tips? Let is know in the comments below.
Tips on Choosing LED Lights for Your Car
Have you ever been baffled by the vast number of car LED lights available on the market? Are you wondering how to choose the right ones to add a custom and ultra-cool look to your car? Well, you’re in luck, because we have prepared a guide that we think will help you.
First, you’ll need to know how many lights (e.g. map-reading lights, dome lights, cargo lights, and courtesy lights) on your car need to be replaced, keeping in mind that not all cars have the same number of lights and not all lights have the same design. The number and location of each light will vary by vehicle make, model and year, so it’s important you do your research.
Next, you’ll need to figure out each individual light’s bulb size. You can do it by removing the light covers with a screwdriver to get a look at the bulb. Note of how many of each type of bulb you need and be sure to write everything down! The last thing you want is to get to the store only to realize you forgot something.
If you’re having problems finding the figures, just consult the Bulb Fitment Guide (check online), which will ask you for the vehicle year and model before providing the answer you’re looking for.
That out of the way, it’s time to choose your colors, of which there are many. Not all bulb colours are interchangeable or suited for the same purposes. For example, Xenon white lights are best for dome lights because they give off the ideal color for reading, while coloured bulbs work best for door lights, cargo lights and other lights, which are generally less utilitarian in their function.
Finally, choose the actual LED bulbs. With so available from online outlets like Amazon and New Frog, you are bound to find the right one for your car and taste.
LED lights are some of the easiest and most effective ways to change up the look of your car. You and your neighbor could have the exact same vehicle, but just changing the light bulbs to custom colours could make yours the kind of vehicle that turns heads.
Always consult an expert before making a choice should you need advice.
How to Get Huge Savings on Car Accessories
Whether you are prepping up your car for a long road trip ahead or just giving it routine upgrade, this piece of news is for you: you don’t have to go bankrupt over your car accessory purchases!
Far too many car owners spend too much money on car accessories; worse yet, a large chunk of their expenses come from non-essential car accessories. While we can’t all agree on whether or not you need those obnoxious halogen lights, we can at least agree on the simple fact that saving money on car accessory costs are not a bad thing.
We want you to take note of these helpful tips on how to get huge savings on car accessories before your next shopping spree:
- Search around for online vouchers. The internet is not just a treasure trove of top quality car accessory shops and forums to converse with like-minded vehicle owners; it is also a bottomless source for money-savvy voucher hunters. Give it a few hours, sign up for newsletters, follow , and keep an eye out for bloggers to get first dibs on any voucher giveaways.
- Shop online. The convenience of online shopping is not only about shopping gin the comfort of your home — more importantly, it also about being able to browse and compare prices from different sources all at once. Online options are endless! When shopping online, go for credible shops (aka read reviews), consider local sellers to save on shipping costs, and make sure that you know what you are looking for (technical knowledge on accessories will help shorten shopping time, as well as reduce the risk of buying the wrong item).
- Schedule your shopping. Car accessories are something that you would not want to purchase on a whim. Unless your vehicle urgently needs the item, put it on a list of all your must buys and schedule it for special holidays and sale seasons. Keep a tab of these schedules by securing a spot on your favorite shops’ email lists. It requires some level of patience and self-control, especially if you’re giddy to get your hands on a certain hot item. However, remember that good things come to those who wait (i.e. extra cash savings).
- Follow the right people on social media. Over the years, social media has become an essential tool for online marketers to reach out to and expand their customer base. Aside from following local auto bloggers and shopping blogs, following relevant people (and pages) on Instagram, , and will help you grab some excellent discount opportunities – from contests to giveaways.
- Buy quality accessories. Spending money on more expensive but higher quality accessories will likely last you for a longer period of time rather than cheaper, second rate alternatives. The savings on quality items may not be immediately felt but you will definitely appreciate it in the long run. Remember, your mantra should be quality over anything else.
Following these tips will give your money extra mileage on your car accessory purchases!